This past weekend I, Luke, was able to attend the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. For those of you who don't know Willow Creek Community Church is in South Barrington, IL; which is pretty close to Chicago. It's a huge church with lots of awesome things happening. Bill Hybels is the senior pastor and I'm convinced he is one of the coolest guys in the world, as well as Willow Creek being one of the coolest churches in the world! It was an awesome weekend. I was with some of the guys from MSGF, our new team, and we viewed the conference vai satellite here in LA. This conference is designed to help leaders lead; "this event is dedicated to raising the value of leadership on behalf of the local church." This was the 12th Summit, and I'm sorry to say this was only my 1st. I hope to attend many more in the future. There were literally tens of thousands of people, or leaders, in more than 200 locations and some of those locations were overseas. We heard from people from very different professions; pastors from some of the most influential churches in America, a professor from the Harvard Business School who is also considered one of the world's foremost authorities on competitive strategy, a businesswoman who successfully led one of the world's largest and most revered technology companies through a severe industry downturn, a film director who is more concerned with eradicating poverty worldwide than he is making films, an expert on leadership/management practices, an x-president who did a pretty good job while in office and is still working hard to help communities all across the world, a man who is one of the most admired public leaders in the world who has served this country as U.S. Secretary of State, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. There names are Bill Hybels, Carly Fiorina, Floyd Flake, Marcus Buckingham, Michael Porter, Colin Powell, John Ortberg, Richard Curtis, and Jimmy Carter. It was a great time of learning and being challenged to new levels of leadership. I hope we are always learning more and growing into better and more effective leaders for God and his glory.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
i just figured i would comment on this post. so here you go.
Post a Comment