BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 30, 2008

Announcement

Most of you know this already, but I am currently 3 months pregnant! This has been a huge surprise for us, something we were definitely not expecting. Many of you also know that we were right in the middle of an adoption of a baby boy from Ethiopia...So this pregnancy will put that on hold for a little while, although we still plan to continue with the adoption as soon as I have the baby and we are both healthy. This has been a crazy couple of months for us as we've tried to adjust to the idea of having another baby as well as adopting!
Many of you also know that since I'm already 13 weeks along I've been having trouble finding a clinic to go to. Here in Japan you basically have two options- you can go to a hospital (where you will be in an open birthing room with other mothers and your husband is not allowed in and no one speaks English) OR you can go to a clinic, where you have your own room, there are some doctors and nurses that speak English, etc. So obviously I want to go to a clinic but the problem with that is that everyone wants to go to clinics so they get "booked up" quickly! I went to one and they didn't have room for me so I was a little worried about getting in somewhere since I'm already so far along. BUT, today Luke and I went to a clinic in Nagoya (an hour train and subway ride, but we're hoping a little shorter by car) that has room for me! The doctor lived in America for a few years and speaks great English so we are really excited! Plus our teammates The Parsons just moved into a house in Nagoya that we might be able to stay at when it comes time to have the baby so that we wouldn't be so far away. Things are finally coming together!

5 comments:

Andy Rodriguez said...

WHAT!!! Are you kidding me!! That's great!!

:)

jade&robyns blog said...

That is very exciting. Another wonderful gift from God. We are very happy for all of you. Everything always has a wonderful way of working out.

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Congrats, you two! :)

Kathy said...

Congrats on the new baby Chase! We are also glad you have found a doctor that you feel good about! Us "US women" don't know how good we have it, do we? Keep us posted! I love the baby info on the count down. Blessings to all!

Sara said...

we too, are SO excited!! and we're praying for you guys... i love the countdown too--cool!!:)