BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Other pictures from their trip

This is us girls eating roasted duck. It was the girls' first time to try it and we all liked it! This was one of Kara's favorite restaurants. You cook your meat and veggies in a soup right in front of you. They have really funky things like pork intestine, pork knuckles, and lots of weird fish that you can put in the soup, but we stuck to crab, chicken and beef.
Here is Sterling trying on a fish hat at Ocean World. I think it was a dog fish. The only way we could get him to keep the hat on for a picture was to let him play with another one. It's still a pretty cute picture of him though :) Luke wouldn't let me buy it for him.
Luke, Kayla, Kara and I got to play soccer at the youth center with the kids on Wednesday. We had a lot of fun. Kyle stayed home with Sterling while he took a nap. Kyle is a good babysitter!

This is a fish we ate at a restaurant called S&P. This is a very common way to serve fish in Thailand, but Kara thought it was very weird that it still had it's eyes. It was sweet and sour flavoured and we all thought it was really tasty! As you can tell, Luke and I have definitely expanded our repertoire of eating over the last two years- it's been really good for us!

5 comments:

Kacie said...

Actually we are planning to bring some back and hopefully I can cook it for you all sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, we just got back from Chicago. It looks like you had a great visit and Thanksgiving. I'm glad you were able to have relatives with you to help you celebrate.
We had a really good time in Chicago and missed you. We can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! You are all so brave to try these foods. I think I would starve! :) Can't wait to see you!

Sara said...

i'm proud of you guys for expanding your taste in food:) (esp. you, luke!!) i'm impressed!! i remember having fish w/ eyes and bones still in it in haiti! it's quite weird, huh?!!... it looks like you guys are having SO much fun! love you all!!

lukechase said...

it was great to have family to be with, and we missed everyone too, can't wait to see everyone.