On Saturday the weather cleared out beautifully and we were able to take the Shinkansen bullet train to Kyoto, which was actually only about an hour and a half away. It is an old city, it actually was the capital of Japan for several hundred years. The city has preserved many of the old Temples, shrines and the palace from the time that it was the capital.
We got on a regular train in Okazaki, so here is Steve and Sterling waiting for the train to arrive.
Here are the three guys at the Kyomizudera Temple in Kyoto. It is at the top of a HUGE hill, so you can look behind them and see the city and mountains.
These two pictures were taken in the Imperial Palace Grounds Park. Sterling climbed up in this tree and we got some cute pictures.

This last photo was also from the Imperial Palace. I don't usually love having my picture taken when I'm 6 months pregnant, but I figured it was a good time to capture our family together :)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Kyoto!
Posted by Kacie at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, you can't even tell your pregnant. You want to see pregnant...you should see me. But oh yeah, I'm not posting pictures of my belly either :) Actually, I'm not posting pictures of anything lately. Thanks for sharing.
what great pics!! and whatever, erin, BOTH of you girls are beautiful pregnant! i don't care what either one of you say!!!!.... glad you were able to make a fun trip!!... looks like you've been having TONS of fun!:)
absolutely love the black and white picture of sterling in the tree...he is getting SO big! the family picture is great too. ps...you look great! love and miss ya!
Looks like everybody is enjoying gpa Steve's visit. I bet it is nice having a familiar face there. Kacie, you can't see any signs of a baby bump in the pic. Hope Sterling can keep wearing out his gpa. Have fun!!
Post a Comment