Here's my new bike! I rode it around today and I really like it. Lots of people here ride bikes to get around, so that's nice. Luke is going to get one soon and get a child's seat on it so that Sterling can ride with him.
There is one Starbucks in Okazaki and we went yesterday with some of our team. It's at the mall and we had to go there to get pictures so that we could get alien registration cards. Luke wanted to take a picture of the menu for everyone to see. Their drinks are more expensive than in America!
This is the preschool where Sterling will attend with at least one of the other kids on our team. I was a little apprehensive about it, but once I saw it I really liked it. There are two rooms for them to play in and lots of toys. Sterling and Brayden, the other boy on the team, jumped right in and loved it all. They will start on Feb. 4. Luke starts school on Thursday, but I won't start until Sterling starts. 
Before we left the guys Luke always went to breakfast with prayed for him to find a restaurant like the Monon here in Japan...so we think this place is it! It's really close to our house and a taxi driver told us that it's a really old place. We went this morning and unfortunately they had NO pictures on their menu. So the waitress just came and asked us something in Japanese, and I just shook my head yes. So she brought us out coffee, a one inch thick piece of toast and a hard boiled egg. (At first I thought it was a raw egg, but then we saw someone else cracking it open, luckily). It was a pretty decent breakfast, but it doesn't really compare to the Caden's special at the Monon! Sterling really liked the toast but didn't care for the egg.
This is Sterling with jet lag. He's actually a lot easier to deal with when he's like this and we're trying to get some shopping done...
Monday, January 21, 2008
First Impressions
Posted by Kacie at 8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love the bike. I have been wanting to get a "simple" bike for a long time. I get so confused with all the gears, the hand brakes, etc. :-)
Hey! It's Kayla, just thought I'd let you know I added some pics to our blog! Maybe if I start, the rest of the fam will follow! Sterling looks like he will fit in well at preschool, maybe it will help him with the whole sharing thing :)
Let's hope so! I actually had a dream last night about the teachers coming to us to say that he was being bad and that we needed to do something about it...
And Lindsey- I love the bike because of that very reason! It's VERY simple :) I'm not much of a bike rider.
I'm so glad that you guys get to figure this all out before I get there. However, I still kinda wish I was experiencing the first time stuff with you all.
what do you think about me getting a matching bike? :)
I love the pictures. Especially Sterling with the Octopus. Very cute!
well, looks like you're finding the essentials.... transportation, coffee, etc. the starbucks menu in the states overwhelms me, i can't imagine one in japanese!!!! (and more expensive?!!! WOW!!) it was SO fun chatting w/ you earlier! i'll get my video and mic set up soon so we can SEE and actually TALK next time:) love you guys SO much!
Post a Comment