BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sterling's Walk

Sterling and I went on a walk today. We were going to the grocery store, but we took the scenic route along the lake that is near our apartment. In the picture he is standing proudly in front of the lake, where he loves to pick up rocks and sticks as well as look at the ducks. He is also wearing his new rain boots that I got him-- which I'm glad I got, but now he refuses to wear any other shoes but those! I think it's because he got used to wearing his boots all the time in Indiana.
In the second picture, we were sitting at a coffee shop inside the shopping center. I got Sterling a chocolate milk while I had a coffee. I had to sit him down here to talk to him because he had been disobeying me in the grocery store. He was actually driving me crazy because he kept running away from me and screaming at me and hitting me when I made him stay close to me or sit in his stroller. I think we are starting to go through the terrible twos, and I'm at a loss as how to handle him. If any parent has any good suggestions, I'm open to them!

11 comments:

Jenny Corbin said...

Oh he is gaining independence! I know when Lucas was 2 he was a great kid! But 3’s were our hardest year! Be kind and loving…but now for the “get-real” stuff…you got to let him know you are the one in control! You have to say what you mean and really mean what you say…if you say “no” then do what ever it takes to stand firm on that! I really believe if you let them “get over” on you now then later years will be awful. Remember you are raising up an adult…your not raising a child to be a child forever…he’ll grow up to be a man…and how you mold him today will effect how he’ll behave in a week. Our thing is I tell Lucas that every place has “a bathroom”…and I’m not afraid to use it! Good luck! Kids are the hardest thing you’ll ever face; but the best and most wonderful thing also, almost like God knew what he was doing! Lucas turned 5 yesterday...so the 2s and 3s really dont last forever...enjoy your time! we love the blog...glad you made it safe and sound! even with the cows...that is crazy!
ttyl

Steve's Family said...

spankins...lots of spankins...then maybe some duct tape...don't forget the benedryl.
jk...consistent firm discipline. remember avrie got thirteen swats in a row because she kept throwing her blanket down in my office in greencastle. after thirteen she finally gave up, so don't give in.(easier said than done, that's for sure!)hang in there... love you girl!

Steve's Family said...

you are a great mom by the way! everyone goes through it...you got a pretty special little guy and he's definitely got his share of the birt blood! we love you all. joined the blog, but don't expect to find much other than comments to your page. hope you have a great day!

Sara said...

wow, i can't really add anything to what's already been said! paige is arriving at the same stage... so, lets make a deal we pray for each other when we have a bad moment or day or WEEK!!!! maybe you'll get a break, that's how it was w/ zion. although, he was like lucas, it hit at 3. but it came and went. i'm hoping it's that way w/ all the kids! it's nice to have a break...:) you are such a good mommy!!! hang in there and we'll BE FIRM together!!!!!

Francie Roseen said...

I love the advice your friends have given you and agree with all of it. I actually used a wooden spoon to spank with from the very start and had one that fit in my purse. Kt was quite strong-willed, so we had to really be consistent with her, but I felt it paid off when she was older, so hang in there! Love you.

Grable Family said...

Could you write all of these things down, and pass it on to me when Cooper hits that phase? Right now he's got hold-me-itis, but I think he's not feeling well lately. We're trying to find what formula will work for him, b/c he can't drink breastmilk as it turns out. Good luck with Sterling. I will pray for you, mom to mom (how weird is it that we're moms!)

granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
granny said...

Luke was raised on "Dare to Discipline" by James Dobson. His advice is never spank out of anger or reaction, always take the time to explain why they are getting the spanking, and most importantly prior to, and after tell them that you love them too much to allow them to act in this way.

granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.