BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today

Wow! I'm so thankful for all the responses to my parenting question--I feel much better equipped and much more encouraged than I did a few days ago. I had to put this first picture on here of Sterling in one of his temper tantrums just because I thought it was funny. So far, I feel like I've been able to utilize some of the things everyone has said- consistency with the discipline, spanking with love and explanation, and we've also been doing the "time out" place. (My sister in law Amy is trying this with Blake too!) It seems to work pretty well with Sterling since spankings are only minor upsets to him--he's not a kid that feels a lot of pain, so spanking isn't always the "threat" that I would like it to be. But if I make him sit on the bed and not get up, that really upsets him and he changes his tune pretty quickly when he has to do a time out...So we'll see. I know I'm no where near the conclusion of this stubborn and independent stage, so your prayers and advice are always welcome! And I will definitely say prayers for all of you other moms out there with little ones this age!

Today we went on another walk to the store. While we were there we ate at "Convenience Kitchen Restaurant"--again, another funny English name for something. It was a burger/hotdog place. Sterling had a plain cheeseburger but I tried the bacon egg burger, which was pretty good. It had a fried egg, bacon, tartar sauce, ketchup and the burger. You also got to choose what flavor you of french fries you wanted- I couldn't tell what all the flavors were because it was in Japanese, but I ended up with cheese, which was just powder spread over them. Interesting, and actually not too bad.

These steps are by the lake I put in the last post. Sterling climbed up and down them 15 times today before I finally just had to drag him away. He was pretty proud of himself for being so big. I bought him a little koala bear that he is holding in his hand.

Luke finally got a bike last night! We are all very happy to be a little bit more mobile now. Sterling LOVES riding on the bike. He just sits there and holds on and looks around. Tonight we rode over to Mike and Erin's house to have a prayer meeting, and I took this picture of the boys in front of "Daiso" which is similar to a dollar store/wal-mart kind of place.

8 comments:

Daniel, Lindsey, and Jaxon said...

Love the pictures. I actually found that t-shirt he has on "I still live with my parents" yesterday at Target and bought Jaxon one ... 24 months, so he won't be in it for a while...but I love it! Glad to hear you're doing a little bit better and that Sterling is enjoying himself!
I've posted new posts, so you'll have to check them out!

Love,
Daniel, Lindsey and Jaxon

The Birt's said...

Sterling is looking ssoo cute!! i love the "I still live with my parents" t-shirt!I cant wait to come see you guys in June!! its going to be exciting!

Grable Family said...

At first glance, Luke looks like he's on a Harley! Well, at a quick first glance with something in my eye while Cooper was fussing, it looked that way anyway. Congrats on the bike! Are taxis too expensive?

Zack, Amy, & Blake said...

Good pictures! Keep working on the time out space. It just took a few weeks, and now Blake knows when we mention the "rug" Thanks for the b-day wish! love ya guys!

Unknown said...

So cute, Kace! Is that a panda or a koala bear? And I love his Elmo slippers. I miss you and love you so much. Thinking of you guys all the time.

Sara said...

glad you're finding ways to help sterling understand things!!! i love his elmo slippers too!! those are adorable! glad you found a bike for luke too--we want to get kid seats for our bikes as well! i think we'll have to get a pull-along trailer sort of thing! we're excited!:) love you guys and praying for you!

Daniel, Lindsey, and Jaxon said...

Kacie,
What's your email address? I have a couple of articles I want to send to you, but don't want to send them through your blog.
Thanks! :)

Kelsey said...

looks like you guys are getting settled in! I just wanted to let you know that I can sympathize with the 2's thing - Mackenzie is SO opinionated and stubborn, sometimes it is hard to know what to do. Time outs seem to work the best around here! Good luck!