BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Car!

First, as an update for the previous post about the decision for school, I thought of a couple other things that have made my decision difficult:
1. A positive for staying home with Sterling a couple of days a week would be that our life would be so much less hectic and crazy feeling. Right now we are just barely getting everything done during the week, and then playing catch up on the weekends.
2. A negative for doing the tutoring is that it will be really really expensive. It's $40/hour and I would want to do it three times a week for 2 hours each session. That's $240/week, which is a lot more than just doing school. I'm not sure we can actually afford that much, which means I would have to get less tutoring- which is definitely not a good thing.
3. A positive for doing the academic program is that I can always be done after a quarter is finished. So even if I do this quarter, I could still be done in July, and start doing tutoring then.
Okay, well, that's just more food for thought and I really am open to hearing your thoughts about it. In the end we will do what is best for our family no matter what!
We finally got our car today! It has taken a really long time to get it due to a lot of different circumstances, but we are SO glad to have it now. It came at perfect timing because the last two days have been rainy, snowy and incredibly windy...so we were about at the end of our ropes with riding our bikes in this kind of weather.






This is a piece of art that Sterling made at school. It is an origami doll (Colette helped draw the faces on for him). Here is what I read about why they made them:
"The Hina Matsuri or Doll Festival or Girl's Festival is celebrated on March 3. On this day, families with girls wish their daughters a successful and happy life. Dolls are displayed in the house together with peach blossoms. The doll festival has its origin in a Chinese custom in which bad fortune is transferred to dolls and then removed by abandoning the doll on a river. On Hina Matsuri, sweet sake is drunken and chirashi sushi is eaten." So I'm not sure why Sterling made them, except that I think everyone at school made the dolls. Also, just as a side note, Sterling's teacher (his "sensei" in Japanese, which is what he calls her, it's so cute!) has been telling us that he is really beginning to make Japanese friends since his American friends only come a couple of days a week. One friend especially is named Haruku and they gave each other high fives today when Sterling was leaving...again, so cute!

7 comments:

Eric Rath said...

I wish I had a car like that! How does Luke fit in it!? :) We're definitely praying for the school situation and know that God will lead you to the right decision for your family. We love you guys so much!!

Unknown said...

What a CUTE car!! I love it and I'm so glad you have a car now. Sterling looks so much like you and Kara in the pic of him in the car seat. How cute that he is already making friends at school! We just got in to Park City -- it's like 1:30 a.m. Let me know how you are doing when you get a chance. Love you xxx

Jenny Corbin said...

the car is cute! small...bet it is good on gas...ours will be $4 a gal before we know it!!
With the school and Sterling...I might say put him in the day care...it is so hard to let your baby go sometimes...but as long as you trust the people you leave him with then I'd say go for it. He will learn so fast there, you'll wish you could have gone to day care!!! Lucas was just over 1 when I sent him to his first babysitter...and here he is 5 and it is his second home-really. He loves it. It was harder on me to let him go, esp when he would cry, but I'd call an hour later and he was fine and playing.
It is totally your call, I think you know what is right and best for him. But I think he'll be fine there, as long as you trust them.
Hope that was a bit helpful, giving your kids to ANY one else is a hard thing...but think of the things he'll learn, what a story he will have to tell when he is 20!
Praying for you guys! ttyl

Anonymous said...

I totally did not know that I could leave comments!! How funny is that! I love the car! I am wondering too how luke fits into it?! I am praying for God to give you some insight into what you are to do with your schooling situation. You have to do what is best for you, luke and sterling. I love you all so much!
Lesli

Sara said...

it's so funny that almost everyone has the same thought about the car--does luke actually fit into it?? i LOVE it!!! it's so cute! we're so thankful you finally got one:) we're praying for everything--esp. the schooling decision right now! love you guys!!!

Grable Family said...

I have to agree with everyone else. God will show you the way. I am such a firm believer in this, and a recent recipient of a reminder of his grace. I have a job interview tomorrow, a possibility to only work 2 days per week but make as much money and spend more time with Cooper. I prayed for doors to be opened, and he answered my prayers! I know that God will do the same thing for you, because you are his willing servants and he has never let you down, and never will.

Love you guys!
Heather

Anonymous said...

yo that is one pimpin ride homies!