
This is a pic I took a couple of days ago when Sterling fell asleep holding his tractor. The kid is seriously attached! The unfortunate thing is that my camera died a couple of days ago and I am still looking for batteries. Things have been so busy lately that it's been hard to get little things like that done! Sterling has had a good week at school and has even napped there the last two days. There has been a lady who speaks some English working there to help with translation so we know more about what is going on during the day with him. She is going to help him with his Japanese words, so we are excited about that. I just started school today (we put Sterling in before I started so that in case he needed anything I could come to the school without missing my school). We did very little today, just testing to see what level we would be in. Everyone on our team is in level one, but Luke, Mike and Andy will be two weeks ahead of all of us since they started early. Tomorrow we should get started doing a lot more. We were told today that studying Japanese here at Yamasa (the name of the school) for 8 weeks is like studying an entire year at a University- which is intimidating! They go very quickly and require that you study AT LEAST 2 hours every night after school. For most people coming through that is no problem since school gets out around 3, but for those of us who have kids, that extra amount of studying every night on top of 6 hours of school is a lot. Pray for us to have balance in our lives, to find the best schedule, and to be diligent students as well as parents.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
My camera is dead
Posted by Kacie at 12:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What a cutie pie!! They look especially sweet when they're sleeping. It is so great to actually hear him laughing and singing, and we can't forget the dancing. We may have to limit our skype time with all of your studying. Just keep the blog going! Love you all
MOM
sounds like a LOT!! you guys can do it and we are praying!!!! we love you guys!!!
I love the video. So glad to hear your voices. We will be praying for you. Miss you
What a sweet picture!! I'm glad he's doing better sleeping at school... We'll pray for great time management discipline for you and Luke! Love ya!
Too cute. I added some pics of Cooper's John Deere dishes for Sterling.
We are praying for you daily. I'm sure you're strained and exhausted, but if anyone can keep on going its you guys! Study hard! Think how cool it will be when Sterling is bilingual before the age of 10.
Stay brave. You guys can do this. We love you.
Post a Comment