Well, here's my latest decision to make: We are going to start the academic program of our language school in April (the program we're in now is a short term conversation focused program to get you functional in the country). The academic program is definitely more rigorous and long term; it can even be more hours during the day at different times. I have to decide whether or not I want to join this academic program, or on the other hand, take private tutoring three times a week and stay home with Sterling the other two days. I feel like there are positives and negatives to both sides of this decision.
Positives of doing academic program:
1. I will learn Japanese more thoroughly and more quickly
2. Sterling will get to stay in the daycare and also learn more Japanese
3. In the future ministry here I would be fully capable to communicate
Negatives of doing it:
1. I will have to leave Sterling in the daycare all day every day
2. There will be times when he will be there even longer than the 6 hours he's there now
3. I will learn more slowly and potentially be less fluent
4. Maybe I could be getting the best of both worlds- learning and being with Sterling, if I didn't do the academic program.
Okay, that's all I can think of for now, but if I think of more reasons on either side I will post again. If anyone has any input, please feel free to write! I have to make a decision within the next week. (I've been thinking and praying about this for a while now, and I just haven't been able to make up my mind!)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Something else to decide...
Posted by Kacie at 2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just sent you an e-mail. Love you!!! :)
Will you have long term regrets if you leave Sterling in daycare more than you'd prefer? From the perspective in life that I'm in, it's best to to with the choice that will leave you with the least regrets.
Post a Comment