Well, I think a lot of you know that Sterling has been pretty sick this weekend, and we're not sure what's been wrong, but things are looking much better today. He had a fever around 102-103 all weekend (even tylenol wouldn't bring it down) and had a rash the whole time. The rash got worse as the weekend went on, spreading from his chest and back to his bottom, neck, feet and hands. We took him to the Dr. today because we were worried about this one specific sickness that is predominant in Japan, but the dr. visit was kind of disappointing. He took one very quick look in sterling's mouth and said that he had a common cold. I kept asking about the rash but the dr. said it was fine and would go away. So he gave me an antibiotic for his "red throat" (that's what the dr. said) and if it's not better in three days I'm supposed to go back. The good thing is that the fever hasn't returned today and he's been much more lively than over the weekend. He still has the rash all over but I'm hoping that within the next couple of days it will go away too. If not, we'll take him back to the dr.!
This is a picture of him drinking an Aquarius, which is a drink here that is similar to Gatorade. Our neighbors with the little girl named Miku brought it to him because they knew he was sick and said they hoped he felt better. I thought that was so kind of them. Sterling thought it was really great too :) 
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sick...
Posted by Kacie at 5:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Does he have Kawasaki disease? I heard that at church. We are praying for you all everyday. It is so heartbreaking to watch your little one be sick. I remember that when Cooper was in the NICU. Hang in there, God will carry you through this, just as he has every other time. Love ya!
Heather
I am glad Sterling is feeling better - hope he continues on the upswing. We're all moved in, but it's a MESS. Will talk to you soon! :)
So how far away from Tokyo are you? Someone from Carthage is moving to Tokyo. Her husband worked at Methode but just took a job over there so they're moving there permanently. They have three kids. I can't imagine.
joel and vian, we are less than 2 hours from tokyo by train, and that's the really fast train. it's not a bad trip, but we will be moving to tokyo next year once we're done with language school. who are these people moving to tokyo? what do they do? write me an email if you can with their info, if we can be of any help let us know, etc. hope to hear from you about them.
Hey guys. Sorry to hear Sterling hasn't been feeling well. Hopefully he is better now. A common virus (especially for kids Sterling's age) around here with a rash is Fifth's Disease. Does his rash look splotchy or lacey? It starts in one area and then moves to other areas. It also makes your skin/body "tender or achey." We've had it several times between all the kids!! They actually complained of sore throats, too! I love you all!
oops, that comment was from me! Don't know why it says anonymous! Lettie
that STINKS that sterling has been sick--hopefully he's doing much better now!!... we're praying.... that is really sweet that your neighbors were concerned! we love you guys and miss you!!
Post a Comment