BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Update on Sickness

Well, I know things seemed in the clear with Sterling, and I still think everything is okay, but starting a few days ago Sterling's hands began to peel really badly. I put three pictures on, I don't know how much you will be able to tell from them, but it is really weird looking for his hands to be completely peeling away like this. I know peeling skin isn't a big deal, but the reason it concerns me a little is that this, along with diarrhea and/or vomiting is the 2nd stage of Kawasaki Disease, which is what I originally thought Sterling had because of all his symptoms. He is acting fine now, except for the peeling hands and he does have diarrhea. So I know he's getting over it and is strong, but I can't help but think he really did have Kawasaki Disease and there is only one reason that he got better so quickly- all of your prayers. This disease can be serious and can cause long term problems, but Sterling is obviously not having those kind of problems. We asked everyone to pray for us on Sunday night for us, which was Sunday morning for you all. By Monday morning when we took Sterling to the Dr., his fever was gone and he was getting back to his normal energetic self. I truly believe the Lord healed Sterling because of your prayers! Thank you very much for so faithfully praying for us as we're here in Japan- mostly unable to communicate with doctors and unable to find health care as good as what we have in America. Your prayers are carrying us through!


5 comments:

Sara said...

WOW!!! well, i'm SO thankful that he seems to be getting better!.... that is crazy that the dr. missed it! so, will he just keep getting better? or will you need some sort of antibiotic or something?... hope the healing process continues quickly--we're praying! love you all!!!

The Birt's said...

Hey, glad Sterling likes the tractor videos. If I get a chance I will get some more. Mix it up a little so you guys don't have to watch the same ones all the time. I got your message the other morning, thanks and I could hear him really well. Talk to you later. Love you guys.

Kyle

granny said...

Luke & Kacie,
I do not want to alarm you, however; I am personally not comfortable with the casual diagnosis from you recent Dr.s visit. In reading up on this disease, it appears as though it has several stages, and if caught soon enough, intervention with Gamma Globulin may be started. When you are dealing with the heart, you CAN NOT be careful enough. I would feel much better if you sought a second opinion. Keep us posted. Love, Granny

Grable Family said...

I'm thinking you are right on two accounts. One, that it was Kawasaki's and the doctor's missed it because his symptoms weren't "severe" enough. And two, prayer works! Glad to hear all is well. hope you are getting some nice weather. The first thing I thought of when seeing those pics of Sterling in his underwear on his bike was "Where are his parents?".... then I realized now that I'm a parent, I don't even joke about that b/c chances are my child will one day do the same thing. :-)

love ya!
the grable's

Mike and Nancy Juntunen said...

Luke & Kacie;
Glad we were able to find your blog. We have been following your team through Tony and the Greer's blogs, and it sounds as though things are progressing nicely for you all. We will definitely keep Sterling in our prayers! We understand how it is to try and get around without being able to communicate well. We can also imagine the frustration when it involves your child's health.

Blessings,
Mike & Nancy